Last Wednesday I was standing in Piccadily Circus at midnight with hoards of people around me. The bars/coffee shops & restaurants were all open and buzzing. The pavements were full of people moving with purpose….
Now I live in Cumbria where you struggle to find a restaurant open after 8pm.
So I began reflecting on how different the world of London is to Carlisle.
So here’s what I love about Cumbria…..
- No background noise of M25, A3, A406, A1 etc etc
- Walking around without an aeroplane droning overhead
- The views from my village of the back of Skiddaw, or Criffel in Scotland
- The gentler pace of life
- The way Cumbrians laugh at anything that happens further south than Kendal
- Carlisle Utd… the only team to support within 50 miles
- The fact that Cumbrians don’t care what happens in London
- Being in the Fells in 20 mins
- Jennings Brewery
Here’s what I love about London
- Progressive culture
- The vast number of people
- Life after 8pm
- The culture of optimism
- Foyles Bookshop
So where would I really like to live…..
Tues/Wed/Thurs – London
Fri – Mon – Cumbria